Thursday, May 8, 2008

Facing death in life.

My family has been no stranger to death the past couple of years. We lost my sister's husband 2 years ago, another sister lost her husband a year later, I lost one of my 5 brothers last year, my wife Tammy lost her mother in March of this year and now she has lost her aunt, her dads sister, a couple of days ago. It seems that we just go from one loss to another, without much chance to absorb the previous loss.
Death is so unfair. The only fair part about it is that we all will die someday. My 8 year old daughter when told about her great-aunt's passing ask me...." why did she die. I prayed so hard for her not to." We are told to have faith, pray and that God will take care of it. What we don't say or realize is that sometimes, and it seems when death is involved, quite often, death wins over. "...but I prayed for her to be healed."...."but I prayed for him to be spared." "I had faith that he would not die. "I have thought these same things myself at times. We forget that death is only a separation of the body and the soul. Paul says that to be absent from the body is to be present in Christ. 2 Cor 5:8 No more pain, no more tears, no more sickness or decay. Alive with Christ, in His presence. Sounds like healing to me. This is tough for us who survive without our love ones to comprehend sometimes. Unless the Lord takes me suddenly, someday not all the prayers in the world will keep me here with you. Someday I will become ill and die, but keep one thing in mind, you prayed for me to be healed, you prayed for me to be free of this sickness and pain, and I was.
"(Yes) we have confident and hopeful courage, and we are well pleased rather to be away from home out of the body and to be at home with the Lord."
2nd Corinthians 5:8 AMP
Michael W Smith writes...." into every life a little rain must fall, and losing one you love is like a storm. Storms are passing, I hear, Lisha, singing in Heaven tonite, and in between the sadness, I hear Lisha, telling me that's shes' alright."
Michael W Smith
Lisha
From the CD i 2 i

No comments: