Thursday, May 8, 2008

Getting started



One very wise person, who did not even have a brain said that it was always best to start at the beginning, so here it goes. I never thought of having a blog before. Did not really know what one was till my son-in law started one. I was so impressed with his I thought I would start my own. That's me in the picture. I'm the older one. the other is my son, Ricky. We were on a train in Cape. He was having such a great time he just grabbed my arm and said..." Your the best dad ever." What a thing to hear ! Made me wonder how often we think of our heavenly father as "dad". Not often enough I am afraid. Dad is a special word you know. The old saying any man can be a father, but it takes some one special to be a dad is true. How more special can a "DAD" be than what God is to us? I provided a train ride for my family one afternoon, God provides us with everything. He created to world, the sun, the moon, the stars. He is my provider ! Think about this, the same God who created the heavens and the earth provides our "daily bread". Now that's a dad. With all that is going on, He still has time for me. For you. Be sure to say hello to your "DAD" today.



2 comments:

Mel said...

Welcome to blogging...I think you'll really enjoy it. I have!! I hope it's everything you want it to be!

Michael Goldsmith said...

Well, my wife beat me to it as usual, but welcome to the blogging world! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts!