Wednesday, June 11, 2008

52



Well, as i see it... 52 years old this past week. Never really thought I'd make it this far. But I did, and I have so much to do yet. My oldest daughter and her husband and my grandchild was over this evening when i got home. We swam, bar b qed and ate alot of food. Ever tried grilled cabbage. Aughhh! not really. It was really good. I laughed at first and told Crystal, my oldest, that that was " girl food." A term I use to describe anything healthy or different. But like I said it was really good. My youngest boy and girl, as did my wife had nothing to do with such things.

My boy, Ricky is almost 6 and my youngest daughter Abie is almost 9. They are a real trip. They keep this 52 year old very young. My grandaughter, Sarala, (refer to my son in laws blog ) is the sweetest thing. She has just learned to speak, and when she says Pa Pa, it just melts me. I am a very lucky man. I have everything. A wonderful wife of almost 30 years, Tammy. My 3 children and son in law. I have aquired a couple of things in life. Home, cars friends, but the most precious thing I have aquired in salvation. God has seen it fit that I would be saved thru His Son, Jesus. How much more could I ask for. I attend a church, Meadow Heights, where religion and legalisim takes a back seat to Christ and presenting Him to the parkland and beyond. We are a commumity minded church. We step out of our comfort zones and take Christ out of the church and into the world. It is very exciting.

But back to my birthday. Got a E-Mail card from my brother. I will try and post it, but I have not had much luck yet. But I had a nice quite time with my family. That's what i like to do now a days.

The picture above is of my wife Tammy and my daughter Abie. It is several years old, but it is one of my favorites.

The other one is the E-Card from my brother.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Lemon Princess said...

Welcome to the blogging world Rick! Can't wait to share in your thoughts! Oh too, Happy belated birthday!!

Mel said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was an awesome day for an awesome guy!!