Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Party on dudes'"



What a great evening. My grand baby is 2 years old. We celebrated at the park this evening. Lots of people came out and helped. As I enjoyed myself I also took a moment to realize how incredibly lucky I am. I really don't have a real care in the world. I have concerns. Bills, relationships, crazy workplace, repairs here, repairs there,24/7 opening up in a week, and the everyday concerns of everyday life, but problems, naw, only solutions. Problems to me are things like my sins not covered. Now that's a problem, but with a simple solution. Acts 16:31 has Paul and Silas telling the Jailer that he should "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved..." It is really that easy. Now the word "believe" takes on a whole big responsibility that goes along with it. There is trust, rely upon and obey as the amplified version says. We must also be ready to repent. Acts 2:38, 3:19, 8:22, 17:30, 26:20 all talk of repentance. To turn away from our sins. Some are easier than others, but when it comes right down to it, salvation is easy, living it is a little harder, but problematic? (If Webster will forgive me) No way. At the point of conversion from a lost soul to a redeemed child of God the power to repent is within us. We just have to choose to utilize it.

So i really got away from what I was going to say. i was wanting to go to Psalm 32:1-5. " How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven. (ME) Whose sin is covered. (MINE) Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. (THE REPENTED ONES) When I kept quite about my sin, my body washed away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me. (CONVICTION) My vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of the summer. I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide; I said 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord'; and You forgave the guilt of my sin."

Salvation, what a great thing. Lucky man, you better believe it. Why I was drawn to God by the Holy Spirit, why I was granted salvation for my sins, why a holy God thinks of ME at all, I will never really understand. All I know is that He loves me! He loves you, and that it is not His will"....that even one shall perish, but that all will come to repentance."

I started out about Sarala's B-day party. Great time, great friends, great spirit about the whole event. Like i said, I'm a lucky man, or at least that's how I see it.

No comments: