Monday, September 8, 2008

Fearful....



Had a great week in church this past week. 24/4 Underground Kicked off this past Wednesday. Fearless series started up on Sat and Sunday. Life groups got going this week. I feel fortunate to be a part of each segment of our church ministry. I do not feel that I am capable of being an All-Stars Classroom Leader, or the 24/7 Underground Coordinator, or a Life Group Leader because of my fears. I have a terrible fear of getting in front of people and teaching, singing (Which is a good thing), leading in All-Stars, UG duties, or anything else that draws me in front of people. These are fears that only God can help me through. Speaking of fears, this series we are into about fears should be beneficial to me, but I must say I am afraid that the kids in All-Stars (The Children's Ministry at Meadow Heights Church) has beat the rest of the church to it. We studied fears (About witnessing ) in class a week ago. Nice to see that the rest of you guys are following our lead. We learned about the farmer sowing seeds on how the seeds fell on different kinds of soil. (Matt 13) As we broke into small groups my students (Grades 3-5) and I explored different fears that we might have. They were amazed when I shared with them the fears that I have about being in front of people. They did not believe that I could do something that terrified me week after week. The lesson told us to treat fear as a weed and to pray that God will help us to "Pull the weed of fear" and toss it out of our way so we could do God's will. This is true of me. I told the kids that in order to be able to do what I do I must "pull that weed" every time I lead All-Stars. I hope that it helped them. All-Stars is to cool. If you have not had a chance to check it out. Please do!

1 comment:

Jo said...

God is definately using you to do great things. You are a great leader and do well with the kids because you are real with them. I am definately glad that our paths have crossed.