Thursday, September 25, 2008

Crack the sky......


Ever wish that God would just "Crack the Sky" and get it over with? Then you would be free from this worlds grips. Satan's temptations. You look around and see people starving to death. You see little children you know that are under attack by Satan physically and the suffering that it causes them and their parents. You see the suffering of those for Christ. The woes of this world. The injustices inflicted on people by man and the empires that he has created. It angers me sometimes, well actually all the time at the pain that man causes each other.

Ever hear of Mylon LeFevre and Broken Heart? For us really old people, Mylon was one of the founding members of the rock band of the early 70's, The Atlanta Rhythm Section. Well, anyway they, Broken Heart, have a tune called "Crack the Sky" Here are the lyrics.....

Sometimes I think it doesn't matter what I wish
Sometimes I wonder if I'd ever be missed if You came for me, if You came for me
Never asked You for a whole lot of things
Never begged You for the riches of kings
But I've one request, I hold it up to You...

Come on and Crack the Sky for me, Come on and crack the Sky and take me home
Take me home
Come on and Crack the Sky for me, Come on and crack the Sky and take me home,
Take me home, tonight!

I know You got where You want me to be
I know You got a plan of using me, but I long for You, For I long for You...
So I work here till Your ready for me,
But I don't know if I can ever guarantee that I'll never try, I'll never try to get to You!

Come on and Crack the Sky for me, Come on and crack the Sky and take me home
Take me home
Come on and Crack the Sky for me, Come on and crack the Sky and take me home,
Take me home, tonight!

What a great tune! Hard driving, lots of loud screaming guitars, really gets you going! Just think of it. No more diabetes on our love ones. No more heart diseases on our parents. No more depression on our people. No more oppression of the poor. No more ripping us off at the pumps! Yeah !!!! No more death, no more killing, no more drug abuse, no more temptations, no more of our beautiful ladies ruined by horrible abuses, no more of the tragedies of life, just healing!!!! Think about it! And when I do I always wind up in the same place....What about the ones that are yet to be saved, the ones whose turn is next? Those who are seeking. Then I start to feel selfish and I pray that Christ tarries till we work a little more, for that next one who will say yes. You know them...our unsaved children, our parents, our brother and sisters, our friends, the empty chair in our Lifegroups, the students of 24/7 who are accountable, the list is endless. There is so much work yet to do. Please pray that I an where God wants me to be till He "Cracks the Sky". I feel God is calling for me to do more. To trust Him more, to be open to His will no matter what or where it leads.

Do I want to go "Home"? You bet, but not till I have done all He wants of me.
Any hoo, that's how I see it.

No comments: